Here are some useful tips for keeping your scoop-style, commercial ice maker clean and sanitary between more thorough cleanings provided by your commercial service provider.
- Wear protective gloves and face covering.
- Clean the outside of ice maker with soap-based cleaning agent to remove visible dirt and mold.
- Thoroughly spray the outside of ice maker with an alcohol-based cleaner having a minimum 60% concentration and wipe clean. Household bleach may also be used (unless not recommended by the manufacturer) mixed at a ratio of 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water.
- Turn off the ice maker and remove all ice by scooping out or allowing time for ice to melt via the drain at the bottom of the ice maker bin.
- Repeat Step #2 inside the ice maker bin by lightly scrubbing all visible internal parts, walls and bottom of ice bin to remove any dirt or mold. Rinse thoroughly with clean water via the drain at the bottom of the ice maker bin.
- Repeat Step #3 inside the ice maker bin and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Rinse with clean water when complete.
- Use a supplier-approved water filtration device and change filter(s) every 6-12 months or as recommended by your service provider.
Please contact Metro Pure Water at 833-PURE-ICE (787-3423) should you have questions or need assistance.